Peggy offers two Nordixx certification courses:
The Group Leader certification course is designed for those who are curious about this form of exercise for their own personal knowledge and growth or for those who want to run groups and teach the technique to others. It is a two hour training program focusing on the health benefits of Nordic Pole walking, the practical aspects and technique, teaching and training methods and marketing. It is ideal for anyone who wants to share Nordic Pole walking with others.
The Full Day Instructor certification course expands on the Group leader program. It includes in classroom learning and an outdoor practical section.
At the full day workshop, you will learn:
- How NPW benefits those with chronic conditions, those recovering from injuries and physical limitations and how it aids those with balance limitations.
- How to design all year programs that will enhance your walking programs
- Content includes: medical health benefits, an overview of clinical studies, the biomechanics or Nordic pole walking, anatomy and physiology, Instructional and motivational techniques, analyzing walking techniques and correction, muscular conditioning, business tips, and more.
It is ideal for practitioners looking for a safe, low impact activity for their clients:
- Fitness Instructors or Personal trainers
- Health Care Providers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Massage Therapists, Chiropractors and Doctors
- Activity Directors at Retirement Homes, Nursing Homes and Senior Activity Centres
- Physical Education Teachers
- Corporate Health Program Coordinators